You race kit should contain:
- Swim Cap (1)
- Sticker with race number (3) for the helmet, (1) for the bike
- Chip (1)
- Bib number (1) (no race belt provided, bring your own)
- Race Technical T-Shirt
- Various items offered by sponsors
At the time of collecting the above, each participant will present their ID card or passport to confirm your identity.
Bike and race kit setup:
The three helmet stickers go one on the left side, one on the right side and the third one in the front.
The bike sticker shall be attached so it is visible from both sides of the bicycle.
Fix the bib number on a race belt. Turn on the back for the bike section. Turn in front for the run section. No race belt is provided by the organisers. You must bring your own.
Directions for Putting on Timing Chip Band
- Place the band on ankle with words “Swim, Bike, Run” showing Face Up.
- Place the gap between the foam tags at the center of the ankle. Make sure one foam spacer is located on the right side of the ankle and the other on the left side of the ankle – Per photo #1.
- Adjust and attach the Band by inserting two fingers to create space between the ankle and the Band – Per photo #2.
- Be sure your hands are completely clean so as not to affect the adhesive with sunscreen, Vaseline etc.
- For the timing Band to work properly, it must be on the outside of all clothing. Do not cover with wetsuit.
- A backup timing chip is behind your Race Number. It is very important not to remove it.
|Bike check-in||05:30-07:00||Transition Area|
|Middle Distance Triathlon Start||07:30||Nissi Beach|
|Sprint / Triathlon Distance Start||08:30||Nissi Beach|
|Award Ceremony||14:30||Taverna-Nissi Beach Resort|
|Bike check-out||15:00||Transition Area|
- Access only to athletes wearing a race wrist band.
- Before entering the Transition Area:
- Visual Bike and Helmet check
- Wrist band OK
- Bib number OK
- Rack your bike according to your race number
- Helmet and shoes can be on your bike
- Other race kit in the box provided
- Cycling in TA is not permitted
- The TA must be always kept tidy.
- Wetsuit will be optional.
- A beach mass start with a run from the beach.
- Leave all buoys to your left.
- Start Time 7:30
- Distance 1.9Km– 2 Laps (B1-B2-B3-B1) x2
- Start Time 8:15
- Distance 750m – 1 Lap (B1-B4-B5-B1) x1
- Start Time 8:30
Distance1500m – 2Laps (B1-B4-B5-B1) x2
- Helmets must be worn before the bike is removed from its position on the racks.
- Don´t mount your bike, before the marked mount line
- Team Transition area – At the bike spot of the team
- Always ride as far as possible to the left
- Always overtake from the right
- Never cross the centre line of the road
- Do not liner – you will be penalized if spotted
- Follow the general rules of traffic, be aware of cars.
- Drafting is not allowed.
- GET OFF THE BIKE BEFORE THE DISMOUNT LINE
- Middle Distance
- 90Km– 5 Laps
- Sprint Distance
- 24Km – 1 Lap
- Triathlon Distance
- 40Km – 2 Laps
Points of Critical Importance on the course
- This is a non-drafting event.
- Legal distance: 12m x 3m between bikes
- Front wheel to front wheel
- complete your overtake within 25sec
- Always make forward progress
- drop 12 meters back after being passed
Penalties for Drafting
- Technical Officials will notify the athletes who draft that they are subject to a time penalty of:
- One minute for the Sprint distance
- Two minutes for standard Triathlon distance.
- Five minutes for the Middle distance
- The third drafting offence will lead to disqualification.
- No outside assistance
- No iPod, headphones, cell phone or cameras
- No littering
- Keep your torso covered
- Keep your BIB-number visible on the front
• Middle Distance 21Km – 3 laps
- Triathlon10Km – 2 laps
- Sprint 5Km – 1 lap
- Swim: Athletes will have 1:00 to complete the swim.
- Bike: 4 hours and 30 minutes after the start.
- Run: 7 hours after the start.
- Total Time Cut-off: The race will officially end 7 hours after the start. Each athlete will have 7 hours to complete the race.
Triathlon & Sprint
There will be no cutoff times for the Standard Triathlon and Sprint distances.
- There will be one Aid station on the bike course and one Aid station on the run course.
- The Bike Aid Station will offer water in bottles and will be located near the police roundabout in the bike loop. It is the athlete’s own responsibility to collect the bottles from the tables in the AID stations. We don’t guarantee volunteers to hand it to you “on the fly”. To use the aid station
- slow down on approach!!
- It is a slow speed area
- The Run Aid Station will offer water and SQUEEZY electrolyte. It will be located near the Ayia Napa Water Park.
Mobile Medical Stations are located over the course
- Bike course – Cape Greco Environmental Information & Education Centr
- Run course -Run aid station
After Race Area offers you
- Finisher Medal
- Fruits and water
- Finisher T-shirt
- Music & Ambiance
- Medical assistance
14:30 at Nissi Taverna
Age Categories (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
will be posted on the event’s website
15:00 Transition Area
- Bikes can be picked after the award’s ceremony is finished
- Opens at 15:00 pm
- Only by showing your BIB number and wristband to the official at the exit
RACE SAFE – HAVE FUN
Be friendly to the volunteers and give them your best smile